About Your Dentist
"My career in dentistry began shortly after graduating from High School in 1978. I started as a Certified Dental Assistant graduating from Virginia Western Community College in 1979. After working as a CDA for 7 years, I retired to raise our 2 children as a stay home mom. After my youngest started kindergarten, I went back to school to further my education.
There was always a calling to go back to dentistry. In 1998, I enrolled at UNC Chapel Hill in the dental hygiene program where I completed my certificate in Dental Hygiene in 2000. During this process, I realized how much I actually missed performing dental procedures. While completing the hygiene program, I applied for dental school. In February 2000, I was accepted at UNC Chapel Hill in the DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) program, which was completed in May 2004."
"My philosophy is simple in that I believe each person that sits in my chair is my responsibility to ensure their complete comprehensive dental care. I perform an oral cancer head & neck screening at New Patient Exams and every cleaning appointment. We review your medical needs at each visit, as well as regularly check BP/P to make sure there are no hidden problems. I also believe that your time is just as valuable as mine. I pride myself on not overbooking my schedule. I see one patient at a time. I've been a patient in offices where I was on time and yet waited in both the reception room and in a dental chair for what seemed like an eternity while the dentist ran from room to room. Thank you for giving my staff and myself the opportunity to serve you."
- Headland High School 1978
- Virginia Western Community College 1979 (Certified Dental Assistant)
- Gaston Community College 1994 (Associate of Science)
- NC State University 1994-1996 (Environmental Engineering)
- UNC Chapel Hill 2000 (Dental Hygiene)
- UNC Chapel Hill 2004 (D.D.S.)
- Dr. Zombek has completed the Twenty-fifth Annual Georgia Health Sciences
- University/AAID Maxi-Course Comprehensive Training Program in Implant Dentistry, 2011
- The Puerto Rico Maxicourse Program and Clinical Residency in Implant Dentistry
- Phi Thetta Kappa
- Associate Fellow AAID American Academy of Implant Dentistry
- Associate Fellow ICOI International Congress of Oral Implantologist
- Advanced Dental Implant Studies
- Atlanta Institute of Adanced Education since 2012
I was introduced to dentistry during high school while working as a sterilization assistant at a local dental office. Originally from Massachusetts, I moved to North Carolina to explore new territory, as well as to complete a certificate in dental assisting from UNC Chapel Hill. From this unique and enriching experience, my interest in dentistry continued to grow. With a desire to gain acceptance to dental school, I attended Barton College in Wilson, NC where I earned a degree in biology. After working as a pediatric dental assistant for a few years after graduation, I was fortunate and ecstatic to be chosen as a member of the inaugural class at East Carolina University School of Dental Medicine.
I am honored and appreciative to be given the opportunity to serve the Rocky Mount community while fulfilling ECU's mission of providing dental care to the underserved region of Eastern North Carolina. It is important to me to provide the most quality dentistry possible, while staying current on advances in dental medicine. It is my privilege to treat our patients with the gentleness, kindness, care and respect that I would expect for myself.
- Braintree High School (Braintree, MA)- 2004
- UNC Chapel Hill School of Dentistry (Certificate Dental Assisting)- 2005
- Barton College (BS Biology)- 2009
- ECU School of Dental Medicine- 2015
- American Dental Association
- American Academy of General Dentistry
- North Carolina Dental Society